Chicken karahi is a dish from Pakistan and is famous for its unique spicy taste. The dish is prepared in a karahi. Karahi is a type of thick, circular, and deep cooking pot (similar in shape to a wok) and is used in Indian, Afghan, Pakistani, and Bangladeshi cuisine. It gives a spicy and unique taste to everyone, especially karahi lovers.
Besides taste, it has good nutrients included e.g. yogurt, ginger, garlic, tomato, lemon, green coriander, etc. which are enriched with vitamins and minerals to satisfy the daily requirements of a human body. This recipe will give you a unique spicy flavor which you will love.
- Chicken: half kg
- Cumin Seeds (safed zeera): 1 teaspoon
- Red Chilli Crushed (kuti hui surkh mirch): 1 tea spoon
- Black Pepper (kaali mirch): 1 tea spoon
- Red chiili Powder (surkh pisi mirch): 1 teaspoon
- Salt (namak): 1 teaspoon
- Ginger Garlic Paste (adrak lehsan ka paste): 1 teaspoon
- Yougurt (dahi): half cup
- Tomatoes (tamatar): half kg
- Green Chillis (hari mirch): 3 pieces
- Lemon juice (leemoon ka ras): 1 teaspoon
- Grinded Hot Spice (pisa hua garam masala): half teaspoon
- Green Coriander (hara dhaniya): 2 tablespoon
- Sliced Ginger (adrak kata hua): 2 tablespoon
- Cooking Oil/ghee: half cup
- Put half cup ghee in a pan, add Ginger Garlic paste, let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add chicken and cook it till its colour becomes White.
- Put Tomatoes, Cumin Seeds, Red chili crushed, Black Pepper, Salt, Yogurt and Red Chilli Powder in karahi and mix these all spices well for 2-3 minutes and cover it.
- Cook it for 15 minutes.
- Add Lemon Guice, Green Chillis for a better flavour, fry it for 3 minutes.
- Add Ginger, and Green Coriander.
- Delicious and tasty Chicken Karahi with a twist is ready to be served.
- Serve it with hot Bread, chapati or Naan.